Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Floral Decoration Idea

I've made a lot of purchases for the wedding already. The $1 section at Michael's and Dollar Tree have become my best friends, lol. I'll post them as we go along. Pictured here is a little beauty made from love. I really want to hang things and I saw this in the window of a floral shop and decided to recreate it.

It's a foam block with the heads of fake flowers in our wedding colors cut off and stuck inside. I also made holes to put the ribbon through. We will hang them using the ribbon by tying a knot, and I strung the ribbon through the bottom for a hanging streamer effect.

My camera doesn't do it justice, the colors are much more vibrant in person. I plan on making a few to hang amongst a sea of white lanterns for the reception. I'm excited! The whole piece cost around $4.

Some tips if you decide to make it is find a good way to secure the flowers. I would use a hot glue gun or cut the stems long enough to securely stick them in the foam. And make sure you arrange properly to avoid gaps between the flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment